Amanda Murphy Workshop Day One: Free Motion Rulerwork and Embroidery, Tuesday, September 12, 10am - 5pm
Skill level: Beginner and up, ages 18 and up
Join Amanda Murphy for this exciting one day class creating a whole cloth quilt using BERNINA rulers and free-motion quilting! You will learn to work with basic BERNINA ruler shapes in the morning while we run an embroidery design on quilt sandwiches. In the afternoon you will create a beautiful background behind the machine-embroidered feather using your newfound skills!
• Top: 1 square 19” x 19” solid or blender
• Batting and Backing: 1 square each, 22” x 22”
• Binding: 1/4 yard
• Curved safety pins for basting (or pre-baste with spray adhesive)
• 3 or more practice quilt sandwichs at least 10” x 10” in a solid or blender
• 50 wt. Aurifil cotton thread
• Frixon pen or Air Erase marker
• Quilting Gloves
• Paper and pen for sketching
• optional: Supreme Slider
*Rulers, BERNINA #72 Adjustable Ruler Foot, and free-motion feet will be provided.
Class participants work with BERNINA domestic ruler feet on BERNINA machines. Additionally demo will be presented for students to try out these techniques on the Q20 and Q24!