Amanda Murphy Workshop Day Two: Free Motion Quilting with Rulerwork, Wednesday, September 13, 10 am - 5pm
Skill level: Beginner and up, ages 18 and up
Learn how to use specialty rulers on domestic machines to create beautiful pieces of art! Amanda will walk you through the possibilities. In this one day class you will design and create a unique sampler using Westalee circle rulers and touch of free-motion work for accents.
• Top: 1 rectangle 16” x 20”
• Batting and Backing: 1 rectangle each, 18” x 22”
• Binding: 1/4 yard
• Curved safety pins for basting
• 4 or more practice quilt sandwichs at least 10” x 10” in a solid or blender
• 50 wt. Aurifil cotton thread
• Frixon pen or Air Erase marker
• Quilting Gloves
• Paper and pen for sketching
• optional: Supreme Slider
*Rulers, BERNINA #72 Adjustable Ruler Foot, and free-motion feet will be provided.
Class participants work with BERNINA domestic ruler feet on BERNINA machines. Additionally demo will be presented for students to try out these techniques on the Q20 and Q24!