Drawn to Embroider; Doodles!
Rebecca Ringquist Workshop, Saturday June 3, 1-5 pm
Join Rebecca Ringquist of Dropcloth Samplers for her upcoming workshop, 'Drawn to Embroider; Doodles!'
Students of any drawing ability are invited to participate in this one-day workshop exploring fast drawing and machine embroidery. In what might at first seem like an impossible task, we will warm up by making contour line drawings and guided doodles, generating a collection of ideas and references from still life objects and imagined mementos. After an hour or so of fast drawings on paper, we will move on to translating these techniques into drawing with needles and thread. Emphasis will be on experimentation and fast sample making. If you have been looking for a way to loosen up and add wild patterns and lines to your quilts, this is your class!
• Bernina 29 Foot or BSR *We will provide these feet if you don’t have your own!
• Several Spools of Sewing Machine Thread, such as Mettler Metrosene, Polysheen, or Cotton Silk Finish Thread.
• Schmetz Universal or Denim Needles, size 90 or 100
• Tear-away Heavy Stabilizer
• Sulky Solvy Sticky Printable Stabilizer
• 2 Solid Color Cotton Fat Quarters
• Fabric Scraps to Collage (no knits please)
• Micron Pen or Ultra Fine Point Sharpie (Black)
• Sulky Transfer Pen
• Pens or Pencils for Drawing
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.