Highlands Wrap Dress, Wednesdays, August 30, Sept 6, and 13, 6-9 pm
Level: Advanced Beginner, ages 18 and up.
This woven wrap dress features a V-neckline and waist ties that are secured at the side of the waist. Both the midi and maxi lengths feature a side slit that ends above the knee. You’ll choose your desired length (midi or maxi) and sleeve style (short sleeved or sleeveless). You’ll learn how to alter a pattern to fit your body, how to sew bust darts and create side vents with mitered corners, as well as how to set in a sleeve or bias-bind armholes.
• Highlands Wrap Dress pattern by Indie Sew
• Fabric required for size and length desired, pre washed. Recommend lighter-weight fabrics with some drape, such as rayon, linen blends, chambray, Crêpe De Chine, or voile
• Swedish Tracing Paper
• Mettler Metrosene all-purpose polyester thread
• 1 yard 1 1/4” wide elastic
• 2 buttons (3/4” or wider)
• 2 yards shape flex interfacing
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.
What is an “Advanced Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You have a good handle on the basics and are ready to dip your toe into more challenging waters. You’re still fairly new to sewing from patterns and could use help with how to manipulate the pattern to get a better fit. You want to add some new skills to your repertoire (invisible zippers, setting-in sleeves, sewing with a serger, etc.). Classes generally require homework.