Ebony Dress, Wednesdays, November 7 and 14, 6-9 pm
Skill Level: Beginner, ages 18 and up
An elegant basic featuring an easy, draped silhouette, the Ebony Tunic is a versatile wardrobe staple you’ll want to wear every day! Make a swingy knit dress or modern cropped top with your choice of scoop or jewel neckline, and long or 3/4 sleeves.
You'll learn great tips for professional finishes: from creating seams on a serger, to hemming with a coverstitch machine. You'll also learn how to make pattern adjustments to fit your measurements.
Fabric must be prewashed prior to class.
• Ebony by Closet Case Patterns
• Light to medium weight drapey knits with a least 30% crosswise stretch in yardage required for size and sleeve-length desired, prewashed.
• Swedish Tracing Paper
• Mettler Metrosene Plus all-purpose poly thread
• Wash Away Wonder Tape
• Stretch or jersey needle *staff is available to help advise.
• half yard or 1/4” wide clear elastic or twill tape for view A or B
• 3 cones of Maxi Lock thread
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class and pre-wash your fabric. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early, but your fabric might shrink if not pre-washed.
What is a “Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.