Learn to Quilt: Modern Four Patch Seeing Double Quilt, Fridays, November 2, 9, 16, & 23, 10:30 - 1pm
Skill Level: Beginner, ages 18 and up.
Make the Seeing Double Quilt, a modern four patch quilt! This quilt is the perfect size for a baby quilt, wall hanging, or little lap quilt. You will learn techniques fundamental to quilt making, including rotary cutting, piecing, pressing, trimming blocks, making a quilt sandwich, quilting with a walking foot, and finishing the quilt with binding. Leave with the confidence and excitement to start your next quilt immediately!
There will be homework between sessions and you are welcome to use our classroom space as it is available to work on your projects.
• Pattern: Seeing Double Quilt, by Then Came June, Baby quilt size, 39” x 47”
• Quilt Top: Eight (8) 1/4 yard cuts of fabric, One (1) 1/2 yard cut *Color group information on pattern.
• Quilt Binding: 1/2 yard quilting cotton
• Quilt Backing: 2-1/2 yards quilting cotton
• 1 package of Quilters Dream deluxe batting, crib size (45 x 60”)
• I spool of Mettler cotton silk finish thread
• 100 curved safety pins
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.
What is a “Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.