Learn to Sew: Modern Holiday Stocking, Wednesday, November 22, 6-9 pm
Skill Level: Beginner, ages 18 and up
Celebrate winter with a modern holiday stocking! This beginner-friendly project will get your creative juices flowing. Explore decorative stitches on the BERNINA machines and create your unique design. Class time will allow for one fully lined stocking and includes the pattern. The timeless shape and modern style of this stocking will delight you, year after year.
• Exterior Fabric: 5/8th yard medium weight solid such as a Linen or cotton/linen blend (This is enough for 2 stockings)
• Lining: 1/3 yard cotton print (if the fabric is directional, cut 5/8th yard: 5/8th of a yard will be enough for 2 stockings)
• Fusible Fleece 1/3 yard (This is enough for 2 stockings)
• 3-5 colors of Mettler Metrosene all-purpose thread for decorative stitching
• 1 color of coordinating Mettler Metrosene all purpose poly thread to match
• Scotch tape
• Pattern is included with class purchase
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.
What is a Learn to Sew level class at Modern Domestic?
You have never touched a sewing machine before or it has been years since you have. You know very little to nothing about sewing but you are eager to get started.