Radiance Quilt, Saturdays, May 6, 13 and 27, 2-5 pm
Skill Level: Beginner
Use bold color choices to make this striking large scale block into a finished work of art! Class will cover rotary cutting basics, maintaining accurate seam allowance while piecing, half square triangle construction, quilting with a walking foot, and how to bind and finish. Some sewing experience required but no patchwork experience needed!
Please note that there will be an extra week between class 2 and class 3. There will be plenty of homework to work on during that time. You are welcome to use our studio and classroom machines. Please call in advance to confirm availibility.
• Pattern: Radiance Quilt by Heather Jones *You will be making the small version.
• Curved safety pins
• Roll of blue painter’s tape
• Frixion pen
• Coordinating spool of all thread to match. Suggested: Metrosene (large spool), Aurifil, or Seracor thread
• Fabric 1: 3/4 yard (Kona White/Snow in photos)
• Fabric 2: 1/2 yard (Kona Banana/Kona Tomato in photos)
• Fabric 3: 1/2 yard (Kona Champagne/Delft Blue in photos)
• Fabric 4: 1/3 yard (Kona Citrus/Flesh - Pink in photos)
• Backing Fabric: 1 and 1/4 yards
• Binding Fabric: 1/3 yard
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes early.
What is a “Beginner” level class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.