CLASS FULL Petal Pouch, Lake Oswego Store, Tuesday, April 2, 6-9pm
Skill Level: Beginner, Ages 15 and up
With a cute curved top, this project is a unique take on a classic lined zippered pouch and is jam-packed with useful sewing techniques. You’ll learn how to insert a zipper on a curve, sew darts, create boxed corners, and work with fusible interfacing.
- PDF Pattern Required: This pattern is available in PDF format only. Please make sure to download and print it prior to class. It can be purchased at https://noodle-head.com/product/petal-pouch-pdf-pattern.
- 1 fat quarter (or 1/4 yard cut) quilting-weight cotton for Exterior
- 1 fat quarter (or 1/4 yard cut) quilting-weight cotton for Lining
- 1/2 yard Shape-flex fusible interfacing
- Thread to match exterior fabric
- 10” zipper
- Wash-Away Wonder Tape
- Optional for pull tab: 1/8 yard 1” wide twill tape, ribbon, or thin leather
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes early.
What is a Beginner-level class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.