Undies Workshop with Sophie Hines, Saturday, April 7, 2 - 6 pm
Level: Beginner, ages 18 and up.
Sew a pair of undies with designer Sophie Hines in this fun, relaxed workshop. Choose from the Arccos, a simple hiphugger style panty, and Coherence panty, a cheeky cut boyshort style. Both are amazing, comfortable designs for women of all sizes, and the perfect introduction to making your own lingerie! Sophie takes all the scary stuff out of sewing stretchy things- you’ll learn about cutting and sewing knit fabrics and elastic, and take home a bunch of tips for high quality, professional finishing on your basic sewing machine!
You’ll leave the class inspired to explore all the fun and adorable options to customize your own comfy lingerie from Sophie’s beautiful patterns!
- Pattern: Arrcos Panty or Coherence Panty by Sophie Hines
- 1/3rd yard 4-Way Stretch Knit Fabric OR 1 yard 2-way Stretch Knit Fabric
- Waistband: 1 yd lingerie or fold over elastic, stretch lace, or stretch trim
- Leg bands: 2 yds lingerie or fold over elastic, stretch lace, or stretch trim
- Ribbon bows, charms, or buttons for center accent.
- Optional, 1/3 yard spandex micro-mesh or other contrast lining
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes early.
What is an “Advanced Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You have a good handle on the basics and are ready to dip your toe into more challenging waters. You’re still fairly new to sewing from patterns and could use help with how to manipulate the pattern to get a better fit. You want to add some new skills to your repertoire (invisible zippers, setting-in sleeves, sewing with a serger, etc.). Classes generally require homework.
SAVE $20 when you register for BOTH Sophie Hines workshops! Use promo code: MATCHINGSET at checkout.