CLASS FULL Modern Hexie Pillow, Lake Oswego Store, Saturdays, June 15 & 22, 2-5pm
Skill Level: Beginner, ages 15 and up.
Make this stylish pillow out of your favorite prints and solids! Modern Hexies is a fun project based on traditional English paper piecing. Learn hand and machine sewing techniques in addition to rotary cutting, pressing, trimming, making a quilt sandwich, and quilting with a walking foot. While this might be your first hexi project we guarantee it won’t be your last!
• Pattern: Hexie Pillow Pattern by Modern Handcraft
• 1 yard of fabric for pillow
• Fabric for 41 - 70 squares, 2.5” x 2.5" for hexies
• 18” pillow form
• 1” paper hexagons
• 1 spool neutral colored thread for hand-stitching hexies
• 1 spool all-purpose thread to match your pillow
• 2-1/2” Acrylic fabric cutting template/fussy cut hexies. *Optional
• Hand sewing needle
• Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric adhesive pen
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least an hour early. Please do not pre-wash your fabrics.
What is a “Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.