Thayer Jacket, Alberta St Store, Tuesdays, May 5, 12, 19, & 26, 6-9pm
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner, Ages 15 and up
Learn to sew a workwear inspired jacket! Great learning jacket, perfect for transitioning between seasons! Learn how to fully line a jacket, create two piece sleeves, make both inseam and patch pockets and attach a collar. Select a shearling or minky lining to create a warm and toasty coat, or a light weight flannel for the transition to spring.
- Pattern required: Thayer Jacket by Grainline Studio
- Fabric required for size desired, pre-washed. Note: Fabric for sleeve lining can be same as body lining, but something satiny/slippery for the sleeves is recommended.
- Swedish Tracing Paper
- All purpose polyester thread (recommend Mettler Metrosene)
- Optional: topstitching thread
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing (recommend Shape-Flex)
- Eight 5/8" buttons
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Make sure to pre-wash your fabric in advance of class. This prevents possible fabric shrinkage that could otherwise make your finished garment too small.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes early.
What is an “Advanced Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You have a good handle on the basics and are ready to dip your toe into more challenging waters. You’re still fairly new to sewing from patterns and could use help with how to manipulate the pattern to get a better fit. You want to add some new skills to your repertoire (invisible zippers, setting-in sleeves, sewing with a serger, etc.). Classes generally require homework.
Modern Domestic Cancellation Policy