CLASS IN SESSION Landgate Pullover Jacket, Alberta St Store, Wednesdays, September 11, 18, & 25, 6-9pm
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner, ages 15 and up
The hooded Landgate is a chic yet workaday pullover jacket and features a drawstring and pocket options. This pattern is suitable for Men and Women. In this class you’ll learn how to alter a pattern to fit your body measurements, install a zippered gusset, and finish edges with a serger.
• Merchant & Mills Landgate Pattern
• Fabric required for size desired (prewashed unless using waxed canvas). Recommend light to medium weight woven fabric such as twill, canvas, waxed canvas, gabardine, and linen.
• Swedish Tracing Paper
• Thread (recommend Metter Metrosene)
• 6” zipper
• 1/2 yard for side pockets bags, gusset, and facings
• 2 3/4 yard cording or twill tape for drawstring
• Optional 2 grommets for drawstring
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes early.
What is an “Advanced Beginner” class at Modern Domestic?
You have a good handle on the basics and are ready to dip your toe into more challenging waters. You’re still fairly new to sewing from patterns and could use help with how to manipulate the pattern to get a better fit. You want to add some new skills to your repertoire (invisible zippers, setting-in sleeves, sewing with a serger, etc.). Classes generally require homework.