Woodland Dopp, Alberta St Store, Tuesday, August 13, 6-9pm
Skill Level: Beginner, Ages 15 and up
The Woodland Dopp kit is the perfect travel companion to carry all of your personal items. This zippered pouch is durable, water resistant (if made with waxed canvas), and spacious enough to carry all of your essentials. You'll learn how to insert a lining, install metal rivets, and work with waxed canvas.
- Pattern required: Woodland Dopp by Klum House
- 1/2 yd exterior (recommend canvas or waxed canvas)
- 1/2 yd lining (recommend quilting-weight cotton)
- Schmetz Denim/Jeans needle size 100
- All purpose polyester thread, recommend Mettler Metrosene
- Klum House Woodland Dopp Finishing Kit OR the following:
- 12” metal zipper
- Medium weight (5-7oz) leather: two 3/4” x 6-8” strips for end tabs and one 4-1/2” x 3/8” for one zipper pull
- (5) small double-cap rivets (post length: 1/4” or 6-7mm)
All supplies are available for purchase at Modern Domestic.
Make sure to pre-wash your fabric in advance of class. This prevents possible fabric shrinkage that could otherwise make your finished garment too small.
Please purchase supplies in advance of your class. If you plan to shop for supplies the day of your class we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes early.
What is a Beginner-level class at Modern Domestic?
You’ve taken a class or two and are starting to get comfortable with the basics. You know what a seam allowance is, you’ve sewn a little on your own, but you still need a little help with remembering how to thread the machine and wind a bobbin. These classes usually have little if any homework to complete outside of class time. The prerequisite for any Beginner class is a Sew Basics class, Learn to Sew class, or equivalent. This skill level is not for people who have never used a sewing machine before.